Monday, September 8, 2014

Morning by the river

Good Morning!

I live near the beautiful Mohawk River.  It runs from East to West sort of through the middle of New York State.  When I was a child, the river was not a pleasant place to visit.  Many places dumped their raw sewage into it and it smelled very bad. Didn't look too great close up either! However, some years ago there was a very powerful movement to renew the river and it has been amazingly successful.  One can now swim in it and eat the fish.

The section of the bike path where I like to walk with Gracie runs along the (high) bank of the river.

Here are some pictures taken this morning.

The view from the parking lot down to the Kiwanis Boat Launch site.

Along our walk, heading West.

The railroad bridge in "The Junction"

The fall flowers are doing well with all our rain!

I love the little asters, especially with the goldenrod!

These seed heads look exactly like the ones on my cultivated clematis.  I wonder if someone planted them or if the birds helped.  Next year I must get to this spot during the flowering season to see if it really is clematis.

That's all for today.  My camera ran out of battery before I ran out of beautiful subjects.  Perhaps more tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment